Friday, January 13, 2017

Got an "American F", not an "Asian F"

So ummm I'm back.... just a bit tooo late... maybe...

Anyways so mah friend tells me he did horribly on a test. He got a really low grade, I tell him he got an Asian F, 'cause Asian standards make it that a C would be as bad as an F would be for an American. Well, this guys, says, No, I got an real american F. That's where that came from. [wow horrible delivery, it's not funny anymore]

So recently I had an audition for an honor band and let's say, it was decent... I get there, warm up, disassemble, go up there, get ready, then I go in the room and play. What we have is 2 scales, one chromatic scale, your prepared piece, then sight reading. Scales are patterns of 8 notes that go up then down starting on a specific note. Chromatic scales are scales that start on a note, end on a note, and hit ALL the notes in between. Sight reading is when you get music, look at it, then play it for the first time.

For it went like this:
scales-pretty good
chromatic scale-ya dun goofed...
music-not interesting-no dynamics(getting loud and quiet to make it sound good)
sight reading- it's slow it'll be easy... then misses all notes but last one and first three.

umm yeah that was it. I felt pretty bad, but then today Mr. [his name here] tell me (he was one of the judges) that I did great. I laugh, and he's like, NO REALY... so that was that. Then today they'll release who got in and who didn't at 6... now it's 4:10. Yeah, there are 6 places, 10 people trying out for trombone, and so 60% chance to get in. more like 70 because I know there was at least one person who had to be worse than me. Well actually, two of the people made it in last year so that makes 4 places for 8 people, so more like a 50% chance.... Ehhh, that's decent.Today I find out if I made it. Which I'm somewhat not too really not at all sure about....

Today My 2x2 fell apart when my friend played with it. It was loose, so I'm not angry at him. Took me 20 minutes or so to put back together, I'm not slow, It's just pretty challenging. REALLY

well, I don't really have anything else to say, other than I"M SORRY FOR NOT BLOGGING(not really) BUT I'LL BLOG MORE(again not really)

K bye now....

stevefsdlkfjslkvjldkjf owijkdsflsjkf;ljkrsj;ojklwkjlbutybutbutbutgutbutIdunnomaybeishouldendnowandpraytogetinforthennext2hours....

HAHA BYE

No comments: